Sunday, March 8, 2009

Did you do anything cool this weekend? Was it as cool as... LASER CLASS?



A picture of me at the Jeremy Earhart closing show

I realized this was subconsciously my inspiration when I tried laser cutting at a workshop I took recently at NYC Resistor. They have a laser cutter that can cut out vector-based images you created in Illustrator or Inkscape, then import into Corel. It can be used to cut pvc-free surfaces such as plexiglass or untreated wood. After you take the class, you can use the laser when you make an appointment for $1 per minute. AWESOME.


I didn't have time to plan anything before hand, but I made these ducks. You can find the svg file for it at Thingiverse. Here is what they look like assembled.







Are the backgrounds terrible? It was a rushed photo shoot, I think they are a little out of focus, too.